I know you are likely thinking, WOW she is posting on a Tuesday.
Well, I did end up getting my January block for CQJP completed and just in the nick of time!
I've done quite a bit of experimenting on this block so here goes....
Several weeks ago in TAST we did the buttonhole stitch and I came across this flower on Sharon's blog - the buttonhole eyelet flower. They turned out just okay. I learned that I need to make the centers much smaller so I'll know for next time. I used a hand dyed #5 perle cotton with silk ribbon french knots in the center.
Then I experimented with a half buttonhole wheel on one side and embellishing a lace edging on the other. #8 hand dyed perle cotton and ribbon floss weaving.I just love these side views. I added some surface stitching.
Finally, I embellished a motif with beads and some stitching. I do not have a vast collection of beads in varying colours so I'll need to work on that!
I'm pleased with the results but as with any of my projects not sure it is absolutely complete. I may add to it once I start to put all the blocks together at the end of the year. Onto February....