CREATIVE DAILY

Pages

7/9/12

CQJP JULY DAY 1

This week I'll be showing you my July block for my CQJP.  Here is how it started with a doily and some hand dyed lace trim on one of the seams. 

I puzzled over how to stitch the doily and decided on this block I would use it as a background only.  I could always add to it once I decide how the blocks will be sewn together.  So, I started with a cluster of flowers - spider web roses in pinks and purples and scattered french knots in various widths of silk ribbon.  I've scattered more french knots in various threads. 
I also added a dragonfly using dagger bead wings.  More on Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. The cluster of flowers, took my breath away...then I saw the dragonfly! BEAUTIFUL!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Deb, those flowers are breathtaking! Your dyed lace enhances the block and is such a lively shade of green. Love the dragonfly! This is going to be a beautiful block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love that dragonfly. Your cluster of flowers is wonderful too.

    Happy creating ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! So pretty and so you! Prettiest dragonfly I've seen i a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flowerspray in lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate the time you have taken to leave a comment. Thank you!

 
Images and Text Copyright Lorraine Stobie | Design by Deluxe Designs | Customized by The Embellished Page