6/30/11

Silk Ribbon Embroidery

I recently took several silk ribbon embroidery classes with a very gifted silk ribbon embroiderer, Karen Fraser in southern California at Piecemaker's.  Karen has assisted Di Van Niekerk teaching in Australia and will be doing so again in 2012.   
This is what was stitched in the Silk Ribbon Embroidery 101 class.  A wealth of information in a very small 10x10" piece!  Regretfully, it is not finished as I've run out of the green silk ribbon for the leaves so will need to get some more.  
I'll start by saying the very detailed fine feather stitch is NOT stitched by me - I only wish!  I arrived to Karen's class and she had stitched up the grid for me - can you believe it!  This left me time to focus my attention on learning the flowers.  I have played with silk ribbon work a very tiny bit but Karen's classes gave me the confidence to move forward.  Thank you Karen!
Happy 4th of July to my American friends and Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!  Enjoy your weekend festivities.    

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are so lucky to take a class with her and at Piecemaker's! You did an outstanding job fit to be framed!
    Smiles,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ribbon embroidery is stunning and you did a great job. Perhaps Karen can send you more ribbon so you are sure of a match

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, I'm in awe of your talents with an embroidery needle, Lorraine! Stunning work! I've tried ribbon embroidery, and sadly have no patience (what a surprise!!!). My poor attempts have left me with a great appreciation for anyone who does this beautiful work. Kudos!!! Happy Canada Day!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine this is beautiful. How fortunate you are to have taken her class. The grid design is a great idea for learning and yes her feather stitch is fantastic. You should frame this when finished. Happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely ribbon work Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always amaze me with your talent and creativity, this is gorgeous Lorraine! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your piece is gorgeous. I just saw the flyer this morning (and printed out the PDF) of Piecemaker’s classes and was drooling over her sample in the flyer. Yours looks just as wonderful to me, you talented girl! :-) Please show us pictures again when you finish. Hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning. I have recently bought supplies to do this but haven't started!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lorraine this is absolutely gorjus, I so hope you will will finish it
    Love n hugs bear

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate the time you have taken to leave a comment. Thank you!

 
Images and Text Copyright Lorraine Stobie | Design by Deluxe Designs | Customized by The Embellished Page