I thought I would share a photo of my very cool new scissors that I won as a door prize on Friday evening! I think I can manage to find these fairly easily. Managed to finish off another skinny yesterday.
I received a "Beautiful Blogger Award" from Sharon yesterday. Sharon was one of my first followers when I started blogging last May! She is a gifted embroiderer with various art interests. Thank you Sharon! The rules are to share 7 things about yourself so here goes.....
1. My blog design includes bees in memory of my mother whose nickname was "Bee".
2. I rarely listen to music while I am creating as I become very absorbed in my projects.
3. I like to clean my studio on completion of a project. This gives me a "fresh" palette to work with for the next project.
4. I like all colours not really having one "favourite" although interestingly, almost the entire main floor of my home is painted in varying shades of green. I am least fond of pink although I do use it at times in my work.
5. I have no formal art education, just a lifelong interest in various mediums.
6. I am VERY organized. Most of my friends think I should have been a professional organizer!
7. I love flowers!
So, there you have it......
These are a blend of bamboo and silk rovings.
These are silk rovings which I'll likely use to make silk paper - lovely feel!
And these are silk sari rovings which I'll be experimenting with for silk paper as well as combining in my embellishing experiments.
As you can see, I had fun shopping! Now I'm off to experiment.....
Off to see what kind of trouble I can get in today!